Help and Contacts
Assistance with VA Research
To help you navigate the VA requirements, the Emory IRB has on-staff a "VA/IRB Liaison"
The VA/IRB liaison can be reached at 404 321-6111 ext. 251200 (VA office) or at (404) 712-9749 (Emory Office)
The VA/IRB liaison functions include:
- Monitor the status of VA research projects submitted to the Emory IRB
- Verifying that the submitted research projects have the necessary components prior to review
- Follow up on IRB requested changes
- Keep the VA appraised of changes to IRB policies and procedures
- Serve as a resource for the IRB submission processes
- Liaison between the VA research staff and the IRB
AVAMC Clinical Studies Center (CSC)
The AVAMC CSC is a center designated to promote and facilitate human subject research studies at the VA. The Center is comprised of exam rooms and interview rooms for research visits, a dedicated subject waiting room and reception area, a work station for monitoring visits, and phlebotomy services for research participants.