Help and Contacts
Assistance with VA Research
To help you navigate the VA requirements, the Emory IRB has on-staff a "VA/IRB Liaison"
The VA/IRB liaison office is located at the Emory IRB and can be contacted at (404) 712-9749
The VA/IRB liaison functions include:
- Monitor the status of VA research projects submitted to the Emory IRB
- Verifying that the submitted research projects have the necessary components prior to review
- Follow up on IRB requested changes
- Keep the VA appraised of changes to IRB policies and procedures
- Serve as a resource for the IRB submission processes
- Liaison between the VA research staff and the IRB
AVAMC Human Studies Analyst (HSA)
(404) 321-6111 ext. 4750
The AVAMC HSA provides assistance with all regulatory issues involved in conducting Human Subject Research at Atlanta VA. HSA services include assistance with: Initial and Ongoing Submission processes, Informed Consent and HIPAA Form reformatting and writing, and responding to queries from study personnel related to Emory IRB and R&D Committee issues. For additional information contact the Human Studies Analyst at
AVAMC Clinical Studies Center (CSC)
The AVAMC CSC is a center designated to promote and facilitate human subject research studies at the VA. The Center is comprised of exam rooms and interview rooms for research visits, a dedicated subject waiting room and reception area, a work station for monitoring visits, and phlebotomy services for research participants.